Read The Company Man by Ellen Goodman
IN YOUR NOTEBOOK:
What is this essay about?
How does this essay relate to the theme of identity?
In what ways do we as a society view work in this country?
Is work important to you?
How did the company man see himself? How did others see him?
Create a two sentence argument (thesis) statement based on reading this essay.
Create a two sentence counter - argument.
PART II- WATCH THE VIDEO AND RESPOND ON THE BLOG
Just click on " Due on 11/10" and post your response as a comment. Be sure to write your response in WORD first. PROOFREAD for GRAMMAR AND SPELLING!!!! Once you are happy with your response, copy and paste it on the BLOG - REMEMBER YOU are publishing your work for people to see!
Watch the Tony Robbins Video Why We Do What We Do provided by TED Video - Ideas Worth Spreading. Respond to the following prompts in 3-4 paragraphs. Once you have responded, evaluate a classmate's response and provide feedback in one paragraph. Make sure you point out who you are referring to. For example, Alice mentioned " Identity is related to family and the external world", I agree with this .. ... etc...... (TOTAL 4 Paragraphs) 2 comments.
- What is the lecture about? (provide background and thesis)
- Choose one significant point that you find to be interesting and why. Provide Quotes
- Connect one point to identity and something you learned in this class ( notes, an essay we read about love, friendships, work, language etc., my lectures, a point a student made, a quote I used in class etc.)
- Take one thing from the lecture and relate it to your own life. (Think about destiny, emotion, internal drive and/or invisible force)
Food for Thought - If you had the chance to interview Robbins and ask him one question, what would it be?
Have a Wonderful Weekend! See you on Thursday!
* I will try to go over these responses on Thursday. If we do not get to it, ( I am introducing the Research Paper) I will go over them the following class day. This will count as a participation grade. I will make note of it in my GRADE BOOK